I work on a lot of spoken word projects – including films and podcasts – providing location recording, tape sync, music, sound design, mixing and mastering. Clients: BBC, NHS, Dell, The Times, Pacific Content. Selected examples below.
Location sound recording
· Wine Times. (2021) A wine-themed podcast by The Times. Location recording of interview between 2 co-hosts and crime writer Ian Rankin.
· File on 4 – Blind Mind’s Eye – (2020) Long running and award-winning BBC Radio 4 current affairs programme. (Recording of host from 1min 17sec + 2min 52sec)
· Trailblazers with Walter Isaacson. (2020) A Dell podcast on digital disruption. (Recording of guest from 3m 5sec – Series 4, Episode 11)
· A Life More Wild – Gemma Cairney and Tom Dixon – (2021) Outdoor recording (on a very windy day…) of two guests for this podcast for Canopy and Stars/18Sixty.
· Sunshine Recovery Café. 2016. A radio-style piece for the NHS profiling a pop-up cafe in Paisley run for – and run by – recovering addicts. Recording and mix.
· All Back to Bowie’s. 2014. A 30-episode podcast series documenting a live daily Edinburgh Fringe show themed around the 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum. Guests included actor Brian Cox and Scotland’s (future) First Minister Nicola Sturgeon (below). Recording and mix.